There are big differences in starting a band and building a worship team:
- A band picks members that all fit together. A worship team picks members to represent the body.
- Image is really important in a band. Image is not important on a worship team.
- A band is typically the same people all the time. A worship team should be different people a lot of the time.
- Bands pick songs that make them sound good. Worship teams pick songs that the church needs to sing.
- A band always works toward the better gig. A worship team serves faithfully every week regardless of attendance.
- Bands pick songs that they know will get a response. Worship teams pick songs that sometimes say things we don’t want to hear.
- Success to a band is the applause of the crowd. Success to a worship team is the applause of one.
What are you building?